Having a Kansas City Music Rehearsal Studio Is Just the First Step
December 3, 2020
If you are serious about your music, you probably already have rented a Kansas City music rehearsal studio. There are many benefits for your band having a rehearsal space, but having a designated space to practice is just one part of the equation for your band’s success.
Your fans want to hear about up and coming artists—and that includes your band. So how do you reach them other than on stage? You might try writing about things your fans will love.
Why Blogging Should Be a Part of Every Up and Coming Artist’s Plan to Reach Fans
There are more than a few good reasons to blog:
- It provides an easy way to keep in touch with your fan base. Every time you post a blog, you can link it to your social media accounts and bring fans and potential fans back to your website. This can improve your online relevance by improving search engine optimization. The more content on our site, the more apt search engines are to index your site.
- You can connect with other artists through your blog. Shine a light on your fellow musical artists by featuring them in your articles—or even just mentioning a show you’ve been to. Your fellow musicians will appreciate the mention, and it’s a great way to create goodwill.
- You can communicate with fans by encouraging them to comment on your blog posts.
What Kinds of Things Musicians Can Blog About
If you’re convinced about the benefits of posting a blog to your band’s website, you might be wondering what you can write about
. Here are some ideas:
- Preview an upcoming album, a new song, or a scheduled show.
- Take pictures or videos of rehearsals or shows to give fans a behind-the-scenes look.
- Talk about your favorite musical gear and go into detail about why you like it.
- There is no end to social issues today about which people—musicians included—can be passionate. Granted, you’ll have to be prepared for a bit of pushback if you write about topics that are controversial, so it’s up to you as to how bold you want to be. (And you’ll have to be realistic about the fact that you could lose fans. But you could also gain fans whose beliefs align with yours.)
- Talk about music that inspires you, your bandmates, or other local musicians. You can stick to your local scene, or you can write about some of the bands and musicians who have inspired you throughout your life.
- Go into detail about how your band comes up with ideas for songs or decides which songs to cover. Talk about the recording process and what that looks like for you.
- Discuss your own experiences in the music industry, perhaps offering advice for fledgling bands that are just getting started.
When you think about it, there is plenty of interesting content you could create to bring more fans to your website.
For the best Kansas City music rehearsal studio
, you need look no further than Soundstructure. We also have a Denver location
. Give us a call today to find out more.